Sunday, May 15, 2011

Meatless Lasagna

I'm always trying to find ways to serve vegetarian meals that please my husband.  I find it really difficult, but it's much easier in pasta when I can use a lot of cheese.. MMMMM CHEESE!!!

Pick your favorite pasta sauce.  I use Ragu with vegetables, or a plain sauce that I season with thyme, bay leaves, a little brown sugar, a little vinegar, and some beef bouillon.  For those of you who have to deal with heartburn, the vinegar helps minimize this.

Ingredients:
Pasta Sauce
Lasagna Noodles (9)
Cottage Cheese (Large tub)
Grated or Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Baby Spinach


  1. Boil the noodles according to package instructions and drain.  
  2. While the noodles boil, put your cottage cheese in a large bowl.  Add some Parmesan cheese ( I'd say at least a 1/4 cup preferably more).  You can add an egg to this mixture, which will help thicken everything up.  
  3. Shred some Mozzarella, I usually use a 16 oz block.
  4. Put some of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, this will stop the noodles from burning.
  5. Place a layer of noodles down (about three noodles should cover the bottom ).  
  6. Layer some more sauce on the noodles, then your cottage cheese, then mozzarella, then a layer of baby spinach.  Repeat the last two steps of the process two more times.

Bake in a 350 degree oven until the mozzarella on the top layer has melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment